Q: Will the throttle body parts match

I need a new throttle body. Now with the throttle body for the brands Bosch and Dorman, will they fit for my car and match up in the computer system even though it is not directly a GM part. I'm getting the part from an autozone.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The only way to guarantee compatibility, fit, function, durability and service life, and so forth, of any vehicle part, is to buy the OEM part as vended by a GM dealer in your case. If you elect to use other than OEM parts, you either have to do the research (on the alternative parts) or rely on the representations of the aftermarket vendor of the part. Although informative to a point, doing the research takes forever (I’ve done countless individual part investigations) and relying on representations has proved to be useless. In your circumstance, though, you have referred to a Bosch part which in this instance is claimed by Bosch to be the actual OE product and, notably, the part is also claimed to be made in the US. Bosch is a fairly reputable vendor and if the claims are true you would be OK with the Bosch unit or, as already noted, the dealer supplied unit. Don’t waste your time with the other vendors of the part though and forget about rebuilt units. Be sure that the existing throttle body has actually been reliably diagnosed as faulty. If you do not have an ironclad, conclusive diagnostic you could end up being disappointed. If you want the fault you are experiencing investigated and resolved, with throttle body replacement if warranted, please schedule service via YourMechanic’s throttle body service request page. Your question is an excellent one, by the way, and shows awareness of the important issue of potential part incompatibility. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Will the throttle body parts match