Q: Air conditioning compressor

I’m having trouble with my air conditioner. The compressor works a little above 1500 rpms with you foot on the gas. It you take your foot of the pedal the compressor will stop. It won’t work again until you turn off the car, then turn it back on and maintain the engine steadily over 1500 rpms. How can I get this working better? Any ideas?

There may be an internal problem with the AC compressor. Look at the belt that drives the compressor and if it looks abnormally worn, the compressor may be putting extra resistance on the belts which can be a sign of an internal failure. If you need help having this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the AC issue and replace the compressor if necessary.

3. Air conditioning compressor