Q: Runs but stalls when you step on accelerator

Engine idles high when you are in park you can accelerate with no problems. But in gear it stalls when you try to accelerate.

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1992 Mazda MX-3. This may be caused by a variety of problems such as a vacuum leak or potentially a faulty idle air control valve. The high idle suggests that there may be a lean fuel condition which is caused by an air/vacuum leak. When putting it into gear and the engine is under a load, the motor then starves for fuel which is what can cause it to stall. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your car's stalling problem and repair the idle control valve if necessary.