Q: Hi Josh! If I provide the fuel pump kit and filter, how much do you charge for labor?

asked by on July 22, 2017

The pep boys are saying over $1100 to have the fuel pump replaced. I'm wondering if I bought the parts, how much you would charge for labor?

The labor to replace the fuel pump in the tank would depend on the exact model and labor rates in your area. The labor will be less than 1.5 hours if you supply parts to replace the pump i you have a factory style pump. If you are using after market pump that requires additional labor to wire it in then you may be charged an extra .5 to 1.0 hours.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr