Q: Is my electrical system messing up?

asked by on September 15, 2016

I have a 1999 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe and the turn signals, sunroof and windows aren't working. The turn signals don't turn on and the Windows don't open. The sunroof also leaks. I checked the fuses and they all work fine. This is my first car and I'm a bit inexperienced when it comes to car maintenance. Does anyone have any idea what's causing these problems on my car? The motor that allows the Windows to roll down was replaced before I bought it but it's possible it went out again. I'm not sure where to start when it comes to fixing these problems or where I can take it to but I don't want to drive too far somewhere because the turn signals but the car does run and drive perfectly. Also the ac wasn't working until my dad put freon but he said the compressor wasn't taking it but the next day the ac was cold, not as cold as it could be but still comfortably cool. Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you.

Turn signal light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Glad to help you on this. Yes, if the turn signals are not working, even as the bulbs are OK, there is definitely an electrical problem. A certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, would simply trace the circuit until the fault in either the wiring, or a component, is found.

Turn signals are really critical to your safety, as you evidently understand, so do be sure to repair as soon as you can. Once that is resolved, the mechanic would use similar electrical troubleshooting techniques to deal with the problem you are having with the windows.

If you need help with fixing these components, YourMechanic can further assist you with a proper diagnoses of your electrical issues and make the necessary repairs.