Q: On the 4.7 which tensioner plate goes with which tensioner?

On the 4.7 liter dodge engine there are 2 chain tensioners an upper drivers side and lower passenger side one. There is a plate behind each one I CAN FIND NOWHERE WHERE IT IS DESCRIBED AS TO "WHICH" PLATE GOES BEHIND "WHICH" TENSIONER !!!! And they are not the same and neither are the tensioners itself. WHAT GOES WHERE ? There annoyingly seems to be no diagram or instructions as to which plate goes with which tensioner? The only thing it says is the one with the "L" goes on the upper drivers side left BUT NOT WHICH PLATE GOES WITH IT? There are different hole locations in them and different stamped channels WTF? WHAT GOES WITH WHAT WHERE?

The best thing to do is look at the brackets that are to be mounted behind each tensioner and match up the bolt holes that mount the brackets in place. Then install the chains and install the tensioners. Then you can tighten them up. The brackets are different and if they are switched, the chains will not connect with the tensioners hooked up. So if the tensioners are able to hook up to the chains with the brackets on, then they are in the right location. If you need further assistance with your timing chain tensioners and brackets, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. On the 4.7 which tensioner plate goes with which tensioner?