Q: I had parked my ford escape up for a couple weeks while I was away. Went out with the auoto door opener and that didn't work. Used

asked by on September 03, 2017

I had parked up my ford escape for a couple weeks while I was away. Went out with the remote door opener and that didn't work. Used the key but that didn't unlock all doors. Put the key in the ignition and no lightsd or anything else happened. The car is stuck in park. Do I just need a jump start or what?

Battery Replacement $232.05 - $347.15 Get a Quote

You probably need a battery. Modern cars have a lot of computer modules that draw a small amount of power from the battery even when the car is shut off. If you don’t drive the car for a while, which recharges the battery, this small draw can be enough to exhaust the battery over a couple of months. If your battery is weak, it might only last a few days. I don’t recommend jump starting the car because the electronics of the car are very sensitive to voltage surges and I field many questions from people who have done serious damage to their car’s computer systems while jump starting their car. If you contact YourMechanic, you can have a technician come out to your home or office to check and replace your battery right there on the spot.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr