Q: Truck is knocking why

Two days ago my dodge ram 1500 started knocking so I put some oil in I have had regular oil changes this morning I started truck check engine light was on. It was idling high and knock sounds louder had to go so started to drive truck didn't feel like it normally dose felt like dragging a bit knocking still there got on high way went to speed up felt like truck hiccups then it started to go like normal knocking still there loud kind of what is it ? What's causing this ?

This is commonly associated with a worn main bearing or rod bearing. These are bearings that support the movement of your truck’s crankshaft and pistons and involves dropping down the oil pan and removing main caps and rod caps to inspect bearing wear. This can be a fairly extensive inspection procedure requiring a fair amount of experience. I would recommend an expert from YourMechanic coming to your home to diagnose and inspect the noise and let you know what should be done.