Q: Clutch pedal not connected to cylinder rod.

Bucket bushing that attaches clutch pedal to cylinder rod keeps breaking off. What can I use to hold them together?

A: Hi! That is a Jeep issue I have not seen wi...

Hi! That is a Jeep issue I have not seen with my own eyes. It makes me think that there may be a misalignment between the pedal and the pushrod. Possibly a worn bushing on the pedal allowing it to apply pressure off-center on the pushrod. My guess is that the person at the Jeep dealer parts counter knows exactly what causes it. Especially since they sell plenty of them. My experience has shown that anything that's happening on one Jeep has happened on others. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your clutch issue.