Q: High beam headlight not working properly.

asked by on December 29, 2016

I have a 1996 Suzuki Swift. The temporary high beam headlight works when I pull the switch towards me and hold it but does not work when I click it away from me and leave it in the permanent position. I've been told that I need to replace the combination switch (also called multifunction switch). I'm wondering if I simply have a blown fuse. Wouldn't other functions be affected if the combination switch was the problem?

Headlight is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The multifunction switch is not working and needs replaced. Check the fuses are good, but if the high beams works on the temporally side of the switch, then the fuse to the headlights is working. The switch has terminals inside it and when the high beams are not functional, then the terminals are damaged and not making a full connection. I recommend replacing the multifunction switch. If you need further assistance with your headlights not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.