Q: How do I install a booster seat in the passenger front seat?

How do I install a booster seat in the passenger front seat?

It’s not recommended that you ever install a booster seat in the front passenger seat of your car. Children under 13 are safest in the back seat. However, if you have no choice, here’s how to do it safely.

1. Move the passenger seat as far back as possible.

2. Place the booster seat on the passenger seat.

3. Make sure it’s pushed as far back as it will go.

4. Have your child sit in the seat.

5. Route the seat belt correctly so that the lap belt is over your child’s hips and the

shoulder belt runs across the chest and over the shoulder.

1. It may be necessary to remove the passenger seat’s head restraint to ensure the seat sits correctly.

Tip

The Air Bag Off light will turn on to tell you that the passenger front air bag has been turned off.