Q: Engine vibration even in idle. Check Engine Light is not on.

My engine vibrates even in idle. I can feel it more as I accelerate up to highway speeds. My check engine light isn't on. From what I understand the v6 4runners have a timing chain not a belt so that shouldn't need to be replaced.

You’re correct, your engine uses a timing chain. It also has variable valve timing (VTT). This system allows the engine timing to change in relation to engine RPM. A VVT fault could cause driveabilty issues both at idle and at highway speeds. Of course, there are many other potential causes for your concern, from a faulty fuel pump to bad sensor. The only away to know for certain is to have your rough running engine diagnosed by a professional. YourMechanic is an excellent option since we come to your home or office.

3. Engine vibration even in idle. Check Engine Light is not on.