Q: the car idles rough and dies often at red lights,stop signs, and backing up.

The car is dying often and idles rough and shakes a lot.Futhermore the entire gauges on panel are spinning round and resetting and then doing it again and lights on clock radio and interior lights are turning on and off lately.

A: Hello. If these issues started at the same ...

Hello. If these issues started at the same time then it sounds like there is an electrical issue. It may be a bad connection or a failing alternator. I usually start by load testing the battery and checking the battery connections as well as the negative ground cable connections. If any are dirty or loose then this will occur. If those are fine then I start the engine and check the output of the alternator. If it is not functioning then that needs to be replaced. If that is also fine then the electrical system will need to be diagnosed with a voltage meter to be able to tell where the voltage is lost. If you are wanting to have this electrical system looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical issues that are going on and inspect your vehicle’s rough idle