Q: Misfire on cylinder #1

Hi there. I just got a Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi from 2011, like a week ago. A few days ago I went to snoqualmie and when I wanted to get on freeway I pushed it a lil hard and the check engine light came on and flashing and then went off, felt that I lost some power too. On the way home same problem happened when I was trying to passed another vehicle. Since then when I try to push it harder, I mean the rpm goes over 4000, the check engine light comes on and flashing and runs rough and car feels like it has no power. The code that appeared on the scaner was p0301 which said a misfire on cylinder #1. I changed the spurs plugs and put a new coil from oreily and still misfire on cylinder #1. Any suggestions about this issue? Thank you

Hello. A flashing check engine light is an indicator that the computer has detected conditions that are harmful to the vehicle’s emission system components. Continuing to drive with a flashing check engine light can result in damage to emissions system, specifically the vehicle’s catalytic converters. There are cases where the computer will even reduce power output in order to protect the engine and components, this may be the cause of your noticeable loss in power and performance when the light is on If the light stops flashing after a brief period that is a good sign that the engine is only having the issue under heavy loads, and is probably related to the cylinder 1 misfire. A cylinder specific misfire can be caused by a variety of issues. If you have already the cylinder 1 coil and spark plug then the next thing I would look at is the injector. If the cylinder 1 injector malfunctions or gets clogged it may not be able to provide the correct amount of fuel, resulting in a misfire. A vacuum leak can also cause a misfire if a vacuum hose or intake gasket allow unmetered air into the engine. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the cause of your cylinder specific misfire.

3. Misfire on cylinder #1