Q: I was driving today an my car completely stopped in the middle of traffic my steering wheel locks up an battery dead

I was on my way home an my car starts slowing down an as it slowing down my steering wheel locks up i can't move it at all so I put my four ways on , so I'm waiting for my sister to turn around an come help me , the car is off so when my sister gets there I try to turn my car on An battery is dead I have to have a jump an now I turn the car on an it's fine I don't know what happened.

Hi Rebecca. Thanks for reaching out to us tonight. When a vehicle stalls and loses electrical power like you’ve described, it can be very tricky to diagnose, since there are so many possible sources. In many cases, this can be caused by an alternator that is damaged, a loose electrical wire to an ignition system component, or even an exposed electrical wire that created a short circuit. The steering wheel can lock up when the engine stalls like this all of the sudden, so I don’t think anything is wrong with the steering system. I think your best option is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection to attempt to replicate the symptom and determine what needs to be repaired to resolve this issue.

3. I was driving today an my car completely stopped in the middle of traffic my steering wheel locks up an battery dead