Q: My timing belt is going out is it worth getting it fixed or buying a new car

I got to a stoplight yesterday my car started shaking I took it to the shop he said my timing belt is going out when I start the car it started shaking so bad that it was throwing my body and I could not go over 35 speed limit

The 3.5 l motor in this vehicle is an interference motor and if your timing belt has jumped timing then you may have bent a valve in the engine causing the loss of power. A timing belt does not just start to go bad but will break or teeth will break and jump timing. If you find there is a different problem causing the loss of power then you can get the timing belt changed before the belt breaks.

3. My timing belt is going out is it worth getting it fixed or buying a new car