Q: My timing belt is going out is it worth getting it fixed or buying a new car

asked by on February 08, 2017

I got to a stoplight yesterday my car started shaking I took it to the shop he said my timing belt is going out when I start the car it started shaking so bad that it was throwing my body and I could not go over 35 speed limit

The 3.5 l motor in this vehicle is an interference motor and if your timing belt has jumped timing then you may have bent a valve in the engine causing the loss of power. A timing belt does not just start to go bad but will break or teeth will break and jump timing. If you find there is a different problem causing the loss of power then you can get the timing belt changed before the belt breaks.