Q: Something under my car. Is making a terribly loud popping noise ( multiple multiple pops) 2003 Mercedes ML350

asked by on November 22, 2016

My Suspension or CV joint, something under my car. Is making a terribly loud popping noise ( multiple multiple pops) when i start or stop. I believe it has something to do with either the CV joint or suspension.

Hello - noises from under the car when starting and stopping are most likely from suspension components, especially with your advanced mileage. The vehicle rocks front-to-back in both scenarios because of shifts in weight distribution. Worn ball joints, control arm bushings, sway bar links, and strut bearings are all stressed during start/stop activity. I would recommend a thorough inspection of the suspension for work or failing components by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.