Q: There is a rattling noise on the passenger side of my stick shift VW Jetta.

asked by on September 15, 2017

My car when I drive has a rattling noise that is pretty hard to miss. You can hear it when the windows are up and it sounds like it is in the middle of the car on the right side. It's not under the hood or near the wheel.

Hi Katie. Thanks for contacting us tonight. A consistent rattle like you’ve described is typically caused by a loose exhaust bracket - which tends to occur when a car is older than 10 years old just due to normal wear and tear. it’s also possible that the muffler or other exhaust component is loose or possibly damaged. If you’d like, one of our professional mobile mechanics can come to your location to complete an onsite inspection to determine the exact source of this rattling noise, so the right repairs can be made.