Q: Car hesitate when driving

With my car sucking in air from maf, cause it to run hot a little?

Hi there, The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, this can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often times results in the engine starving for air or fuel. This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. The MAF sensor does not actually bring into the intake; rather it monitors the air intake and relays this information to the ECU. It is possible that a lean fuel condition (caused by too much air and not enough fuel) may contribute to a warmer engine temperature. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your sensor

3. Car hesitate when driving