Q: Brake Fluid Level Insufficient Warning Sign Error

I have recently replaced the brake fluid because of the warning sign, however, few weeks later 'Brake fluid level insufficient - do not proceed' sign keeps popping up as before. My local garage replaced the fluid but can't seem to find what cause the problem. They also tried fluid level slightly higher than maximum.

I have checked the brake fluid reservoir cap and the black seal under the cap, they looked all fine. I have checked the sensor and both the plug and 2no wires seem to be in the right place. And the reservoir is not leaking.

I'm not sure what is the issue here, sensor or any other electrical problems maybe?

Please help. Thank you.

This may suggest that your brake pads are worn and due to be replaced or that you have a leak somewhere in your brake hydraulic system. The brake reservoir has a sensor inside that detects when the brake fluid reaches a certain point which generally indicates that it is time to replace the pads. As your pads wear thinner and thinner over time, the brake lines require more and more brake fluid to maintain the same amount of hydraulic pressure in the brake lines. As a result, the brake fluid level sensor will trigger a warning light indicating that the brake fluid level is low. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your braking system to determine what may be causing this light to come on.