Q: On right turn, car's engine shut down without warning

I was slowly turning right when my car’s engine suddenly shut down. Then it immediately restarted just a few minutes later. But then when it stalled, I lost all of the power steering and then a multiple system failure warning. The display was something like: rear differential is locked, failed power steering, immediately contact service center. Fortunately I was only 100 yards from my driveway, so I was able to get there and turn off the car. I called the dealership and they told me to turn off the car for ten minutes and that would give the system time to reset itself. And it did. They said this is a common problem with my make/model and happens numerous times to drivers. The errors did clear, but then the same thing happened again when I made the same turn - same failures occurred as above. How fortunate that I was not driving at a high speed at the time because I would have lost any ability of steering. This had happened once before and that time the car drove into the oncoming traffic lane and I finally was able to forcibly steer my car back into the right lane. This is a Very Dangerous and Frightning thing to happen. What can I do to get this fixed so that it will never happen again?

Hi there. There are some common issues with this vehicle that will cause this. Most of the time, if it occurs only when turning, it is because of a bad connection at the battery or at one of the control modules. These need to be monitored with a scan tool to see if communication is lost when this problem occurs. It can also be a bad connection at the negative battery cable that is causing this. If the problem persists or you would like this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to test the vehicle and diagnose the stalling issue.