Q: Having trouble trying to locate my knock sensor. It's throwing a code for it. 1,2,4,5,6 cylinder misfires

Having trouble trying to locate my knock sensor. It's throwing a code for it. 1,2,4,5,6 cylinder misfires Could the knock sensor cause the misfires? And where do I locate knock sensor on my type 01 Jetta vr6 2.8L 12V

A: As you may know a knock sensor may fail for...

As you may know a knock sensor may fail for any of the following reasons:

• The knock sensor is faulty and needs to be replaced
  • There is a wiring open/short/fault in the knock sensor circuit
  • The PCM/ECM has failed

Any of the above could potentially cause a misfire. The knock sensor should be located under the intake manifold between cylinders #1 and 2.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the misfire firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.