Q: How do you put a 1996 Dodge Dakota 5.9 360 motor in a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 4.7 in it or a 4.0?

I have a 1996 Dodge Durango with a 5.9, can I make a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 4.7 or 4.0? Will it bolt into the Cherokee

Hi there. You will have to swap the engine and transmission as a unit with the computer and harness to the other vehicle. There will be a need to fabricate engine mounts if the old mounts will not mount up and the exhaust will have to be swapped over. All of the sensors will have to be swapped over along with the cooling system. If you need further assistance with swapping your engine over from a Durango to a Jeep, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. How do you put a 1996 Dodge Dakota 5.9 360 motor in a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with a 4.7 in it or a 4.0?