Q: Dark green sludge

My car has a dark green sludge covering the left front shock and tire rod, I've checked all of our fluids and they are fine. Where is this leak coming from?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Dark green sludge is most likely grease from an outer CV joint boot that has split open on whichever side you are seeing it. If you would like help with the repairs, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this leak for you, and perform the necessary repairs.