Q: Check Engine Light NOT coming on during start-up

Car failed emissions due to Check Engine Light NOT coming on during start-up. Could this be a bulb issue? Dash lights fully.

Trying to stay away from the Stealership if possible. But we must pass state inspection in GA in order to register the vehicle.

When you turn on the key, the check engine light should be on, this is a bulb check function. As you know, the check engine light has to be working to pass inspection. The bulb may be out, or it might have been removed. A scanner will tell you if the check engine light is supposed to be lit. Either way, it will have to be corrected and if there is a stored code the problem will have to be resolved before the car can get through inspection. By Contacting Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office to diagnose your check engine light problem and let you know what else may need to be done.