Q: When gas leval reaches half a tank my car acts as if it has no gas when i get to a quarter it wont run

So im driving don the middle of the road gas gauge reads half a tank. I go to speed up to pass someone and as i accelerate the car feels as if the gas gets cut off but its still running. When the car gets to a quarter of a tank i can start it and if i do get lucky and start it if i give it any gas at all it stalls or sputters.

The fuel pump in the fuel tank is most likely leaking fuel where it hooks to the fuel pump housing. I recommend replacing the fuel pump in the fuel tank.