Q: 2009 Nissan Murano won't pass smog check

My car won't pass a smog check. The service code is P0011, A, camshaft position; timing over-advanced or system performance bank 1. And now my car won't start because I left it sitting for a long time.

The camshaft position error is a likely cause for the vehicle no-start situation. The engine computer reads and relies on camshaft and crankshaft angle readings for ignition timing. No angle reading, no spark and a fail-safe to prevent engine damage. This will likely illuminate the Service Engine Soon light not long before a failure. Have a trained mechanic, like the ones here at YourMechanic, inspect and adjust your camshaft’s position.

3. 2009 Nissan Murano won't pass smog check