What happens to the radio and other electronics if I have...

Q: What happens to the radio and other electronics if I have to disconnect the battery?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What happens to the radio and other electronics if I have to disconnect the battery?

If you have to disconnect the battery in your car, several important systems will lose power. You’ll need to reset the clock, for one thing. You’ll also need to enter the radio code for your audio system when you replace the battery. If your car has a navigation system, you’ll need to enter the PIN to get the nav up and running again.

• Clock: Press the clock button until it beeps, then use the H and M buttons to set the time.

• Radio Code: Use the preset buttons on the radio to enter the code (the code should be on a card with your other important papers).

• PIN: The PIN for the nav system should also be with your other important papers.

Tip

If you drive an LX, LX-P or SE model, you will not have to enter a radio code after disconnecting and reconnecting a battery.