Q: Car starts sometimes for a few seconds. Car ran completely out of gas. I changed the fuel filter, and change battery in the remote.

BuickCentury 2000 with the 3100 engine ran out of fuel starts intermittently for a few seconds won't stay running backfires check fuel up to fuel rail no spark 2 plugs change battery in remote also change fuel filter

Hi there. The fuel pressure needs to be checked on the fuel rail. There should be at least 30 psi on the fuel rail. If the fuel pressure is good, then there could be air in the fuel rail causing the fuel system to lock up. Try turning on the ignition to the ’ON’ position 3 times with 30 seconds each time. This will help with the air in the system. When starting, hold the pedal on the floor, but just above the floor and crank the engine until the engine starts. If you need further assistance with your no start condition, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Car starts sometimes for a few seconds. Car ran completely out of gas. I changed the fuel filter, and change battery in the remote.