Q: A/C problem on 06 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

asked by on August 13, 2016

I recently went to a mechanic to get my AC fixed and he told me it was a hose leak problem from condenser to compressor. I got it fixed paid $260. Now when they turned engine on the AC was blowing super cold air! I was on my way home and it started slowly blowing hot air again! I went back and they double checked everything no leak, no power issue, fans moving but the compressor isn't working. From time to time it works but dies out again. Is there a solution to this? Because now the mechanic telling me I need a new compressor HVAC, drier, and some kind of valve and to do everything it goes $850+. Please help!

If you are getting power to the compressor but the compressor clutch is not engaging then you may have a bad clutch coil. Sometimes the clutch coil will get weak and not be able to engage the clutch when it gets hot. See if this is the problem since your A/C worked fine when it works. Consider taking it back to the shop where you had the repairs done, or having another independent technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your AC system to determine what should be done.