Q: "This morning Engine Light, Traction Control Light, and Electronic steering light is on. " I went to Honda dealership last week an

asked by on February 28, 2018

My CRV 2012 Touring Addition -This morning Engine Light, Traction Control Light, and Electronic steering light is on. Vehicle drives fine. I went to the Honda dealership, they did the diagnosis and corrected some codes and lights were off for three days and now they are back again. I called again and mentioned the issue and they want to do the diagnosis again and said we have last times code and we would like to see what codes comes this time and they we will find the issue. Last time they charged me $100+ and now once again they will charge the similar and if there is any parts or things they will charge me more and if they spend more time in figuring out they will charge. I cant afford this type of costs, what is my best option. One more thing I disconnected the battery to reset and it worked, the lights were off for 3-4 days but they were back again. Any advise would be appreciated

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Iqbal. Thanks for sending the question today. Warning lights simply indicate that a possible fault has been detected by the sensor monitoring the system. In most cases, when the light illuminates, it’s due to an electrical glitch, poor connection, or even a sensor failure. If the vehicle is not displaying any symptoms, then it is likely that the light is just an error. The reason the dealership or any mechanic needs to clear the codes and see if they come back is to determine what is causing the issues. So, unfortunately, the only way to resolve this is to either have the dealership go through the process again or have an independent mechanic come to your location to complete that job as well.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr