Q: Car won't start with a new battery, but it starts when I hook it up with jumper cables.

Car won't start but sometimes if it sits for 15 minutes or so it will start sometimes it is overnight before it starts but if I get a jump start from someone it starts right up replaced battery 2 months ago and installed brand new starter 6 months ago

This problem may be due to a faulty starter relay or a bad ground connection.

As you may know, the starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter. When the starter relay does not function correctly, in some cases, you will hear a clicking sound when you turn the key, while in other cases there may not be any sounds at all. If the starter relay is just beginning to go bad, it may also be intermittently failing.

It is recommended that you get a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to come to your location and inspect your car and replace the starter relay, if necessary.

• Car won't start with a new battery, but it starts when I hook it up with jumper cables.