Q: My 2002 dodge dakota sport v-6 won't start.

asked by on February 02, 2018

The truck won't start both starter and battery are good it cranks and turns over but doesn't start it's almost like it's not sparking, I got it to start once putting starter fuel in the carb. but stalled once it had burnt all the fuel while it was running I tried reving it and it felt and sounded like it doe's when it's running out of gas ya know coughing and sputtering.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the vehicle starts when you directly introduce fuel, you should test fuel pump output and pressure to see if those values are in an acceptable range. Of course, check for a clogged fuel filter as well. If there is fuel pressure, then check for injector operation. Be sure the gas in the fuel tank is not old or contaminated. Old gas will not start an engine. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr