Q: Gasoline smell in car when I fill gas tank

Whenever I fill my gas tank to over half full my car smells like really strong gasoline. I want to check to make sure the vent hoses are in proper place, but I don’t know what that would be unless I get a schematic diagram of my Super Beetle. Do you know where I can get a schematic for my car?

The tank seal where the fuel pump is inserted may be leaking or the vent hoses as well. Typing your year model and vent hose schematic into a search engine shows a few pretty detailed listings of what you’re looking for. Make sure the hoses are installed tight and are not damaged. If the hoses are wet, they may be leaking. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the smell and have this issue addressed.