Q: Motor idles fine, when you give it gas it bogged down, already changed the plugs,wires,distributor cap and rotor

What can cause the motor to bog down when you give it gas? It idles perfect. Has new plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet C1500. It’s highly likely the mass airflow sensor is bad. To verify, a scan tool should be connected and observe voltage changes in the mass airflow sensor readings. Same for oxygen sensors. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our certified technicians can diagnose your loss of power and help you fix it accordingly.