Q: Intermittent car vibration and shaking

Hello. My car has vibration issues that are intermittent. When the problem happens, it usually lasts a couple of days and it's very difficult to drive the car. I can feel it in the steering wheel and the entire vehicle. This usually happens at 50 mph. However, it started happening even at 25 mph, which can be felt in the brake pedal but only at this particular speed. Also, as the front wheel goes round, there is knocking that I've noticed at around 25 mph. There are no loose parts and everything checks out fine. I've been to several shops and nobody seems to know what the issue is. Do you have any idea? Thank you.

Depending on the tires you have and, if they are of the run-flat type, your tires run-flat may be loose causing the vibration until it moves into a position that is balanced again.

I would recommend having each tire removed and checked for abnormal tire wear and balance. If a tire is out of balance then have that tire removed and the run-flat checked and replaced as needed. You may have one or more that may be defective.

I’d recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified technician who can assess your tires conditions and properly diagnose the vibrations you’re experiencing.