Car overheating and stalling overheating honda civic 2000...

Q: Car overheating and stalling

asked by on March 28, 2016

My car was overheating and so i got a new radiator, thermostat, and fan switch installed. After that, it started overheating at stop lights, but it would go back down. It also started shutting off while I was driving, almost like it was not getting any gas. I supposedly got it fixed last week by replacing a wire to the fan and getting a new fuel filter, but both of the problems remain.

Most reputable shops will recheck their repairs, especially if the same problems remain. You may want to contact the service center that repaired the issues. If you have no confidence in the repair center who repaired your vehicle you can get a second opinion from another mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose why your car is stalling and recommend needed repairs.