Q: Buzzing noise inside dash 2002 Dodge Dakota

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota that makes a sound coming from inside the dash on the driver side that I would describe as a wasp flying against a window pane trying to get outside. I first heard it this past spring as outside temperatures started rising. The hotter it got outside the more frequent and heavier the noise, especially with increasing rpm. Now that it's November and temperatures have lowered, only faint traces, if any, can be heard. What can be done to get rid of this noise?

Hi there - several possibilities here for a buzzing sound, as this is not an uncommon issue. Quite possibly the auto shutdown relay or the fuel pump relay are buzzing due to burned contacts. There are also instances where the plastic trim attached to the "A" pillar (left windshield body column that sweeps up and back over the driver side door) will buzz while the engine is running, and the pitch of the buzz changes with temperature. For a professional "ear" to this problem, I would recommend a "listening session" by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.