Q: My blower motor won't turn on when it's extremely cold 2003 Chevy Trailblazer

My blower motor won't work on extremely cold days. The rear seat blower Does work. When it's not cold the front blower Does work on all speeds. It's just the front blower that won't turn on at extreme cold temps

Hi there - electrical failures when cold are tough problems, because the source is an electrical connection - switch contact, brushes in the motor itself, potentially a blower motor relay - that shrinks and loses connectivity when cold. It expands enough when warmer to conduct current. Crawling around in the cold with a voltmeter is no fun chasing problems like this. I would recommend a heater inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My blower motor won't turn on when it's extremely cold 2003 Chevy Trailblazer