Q: Car cranks over but won't start - 1994 Toyota Camry

asked by on November 08, 2016

From time to time car battery goes dead it cranks but won't turn over just got a new battery

Hi there. If the Check Engine light is illuminated, the first thing to do is to retrieve any problem codes from the engine management system (yes, it has on-board diagnostics). If there is no Check Engine light, the problem may be related to your repeated dead battery issues - something is draining the battery, poor battery cable connections that affect charging as well as starting, or a weak starter. If you need help having this resolved, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair the no start.