Q: oxygen sensor

I have engine light on my car dashboard. After checking with local mechanic he diagnosed there is problem with oxygen sensor. Mechanic also mentioned that after changing oxygen sensor engine light can still stay. Is he saying right? And in your opinion what would be total cost and labour for this job and do I really need to change this. I have no other problem with my car running smoothly. Thanks Regards Faisal

This is correct in that sometimes the Check Engine Light will stay on. A qualified mechanic should be able to reset this after replacing the oxygen sensor. I would suggest having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to reset or diagnose the Check Engine Light if it continues to persist.

3. oxygen sensor