Q: Ran car with no oil, car stopped on hwy what to do now?

asked by on December 27, 2016

Car ran fine started slowing down so I also down graded gears believing the car was running to high, I am a female what do I know? Car then decided not to run any longer so I had it towed home without stressing it, found no oil on stick, .... What is my next step? Can u plz help?

Hello There, Unfortunately, it sounds like your car may have had some catastrophic damage due to running it without any oil. Depending on how long and how low the oil levels were when you drove it prior to it shutting down, this may have done some damage to at the very minimum main and rod bearings and potentially other components in the valve train as well. You will need to have this inspected by a qualified mechanic such as one from YourMechanic to further verify what kind of damage has been done.