Q: My code reader says I have a bad mass air flow sensor ans crank shat sensor test drive ran better shut off & engine Lt. Same code

Car was shuttering at high speed, hesitating and died a few times had to feather gas pedal. Code reader says bad mass air flow sensor and crankshaft sensor replaced both and distributor cap that's where crank sensor was. Still code came back same thing took to mechanic said replace mass air flow sensor again. So I did and it seems to run very well no shudder or he station thought I had it fixed . Took it for a run wow way better out 10 miles as fast as it would go not bad. Stopped the car shut it off for 5 min turned on and check engine light on again code reader says mass air again don't understand runs way better wouldn't think I even have a problem exact for that light which I cleared the fault codes. Engine lite Only comes back on after you take it for a drive and shut the car off for a few minutes and restart light then stays on until you clear it. Any ideas???

Hi there. The problem you are describing, sounds like you may have a poor connection in the connector at the mass airflow sensor. Although, sometimes aftermarket parts do not perform as well as factory (OEM) parts. Check for corrosion and/or wide spacing in the terminal ends. Compare the terminal ends in the connector using a flashlight to see better. The terminals can be tightened. If you are not comfortable with doing that, a replacement pigtail (connector) is available. You vehicle may require further diagnosis performed with a scanner that provides parameters that can be viewed as the fault occurs. If that is the case, I recommend having your vehicle’s electrical circuits inspected in order to pinpoint the underlying fault.

3. My code reader says I have a bad mass air flow sensor ans crank shat sensor test drive ran better shut off & engine Lt. Same code