Q: What does it mean if the message center displays a warning saying “Engine oil change soon?”

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does it mean if the message center displays a warning saying “Engine oil change soon?”

Your car’s service reminder system is designed to help you remember when you need to have your oil changed. It displays the oil life as a percentage from 0 to 100. If the message center says “Engine oil change soon,” that’s an indication that the “Oil Life [Percentage (%)]” has dropped to between 10% and 0%. Have your oil changed as soon as possible and make sure the “Oil Life [Percentage (%)]” is reset in the message center. Not resetting the “Oil Life [Percentage (%)]” will make the warning come on before it’s due.

Tip

If the “Oil Life [Percentage (%)]” drops to 0%, the message will change to say “Oil change required.”