Q: Toyota Prado 1KZ TE diesel blow by

Hello sir,

My Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 1Kz Te, 4 cylinder diesel , 3000 cc , has blow by. but it is not consuming much oil. I want to know is there a remedy to control this blow by and bring the power back of my engine. I am considering an engine flush with liqui moly and also gonna use liqui moly 15W-50 mineral oil as recommended by liqui moly. currently I am using Castrol GTX 20W-50 mineral oil.

there is no qualified mechanic for compression test and leak test.

Kindly advise.

Regards Jamal Pakistan

Hello there Jamal. Blow-by is caused by damaged piston rings. We do not recommend using additives to fix mechanical damage problems. Plus, we are not able to offer services in Pakistan. You might want to consider replacing the vehicle or rebuilding the engine.

3. Toyota Prado 1KZ TE diesel blow by