Q: Electrical signal to the injectors randomly malfunction

asked by on August 15, 2016

When first starting my car, it will run well. However, after starting it will lose the signal to the injectors. This problem is intermittent and doesn’t happen all the time. I have checked many things from the injectors to the fuel pumps and everything looks good and seems to be working well. The problem is with the electrical signal to the injectors and they stop randomly. Why are they stopping and what can I do to fix this car?

Hello. The issue you are experiencing is likely an intermittent crank position sensor failure. The crank position sensor is largely responsible for the fuel injector pulse because the pulse is alternated when the sensor passes certain points on the crank. If the sensor stops communicating the fuel injector pulse will stop until communication resumes. I suggest that you have a technician test the crank position sensor with a multimeter or a scan tool. If it’s proven to be bad, replace the crankshaft position sensor as necessary.