Q: Car shakes at 40 mph

When I am driving and get to 40 mph, my car starts shaking. As I drive faster, it straightens out. I've been told that I need my tires rotated and I will do that this week, but before doing that I have a 2nd new issue. Randomly, the brakes are grinding when I press on the brake pedal and it also makes a noise. Could this 2nd problem also be related to the need to have my tires rotated or is it a different problem?

The brake issue is most likely a separate issue from the tire balance issue. It’s possible the brake linings are worn or the backing plate is contacting the rotor. These items can be inspected during the tire rotation. If the problem persists after the tires are rotated, you may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to inspect and correct the brake noise issue.

3. Car shakes at 40 mph