Q: Fuses keep blowing for the fuel pump

What could be causing the fuses to the fuel pump to blow when you turn the key? It doesn't happen all the time you can drive the car and turn off and then back on and everything works. But then it could happen the next time and then keep blowing them when you replace them.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Pontiac G5. From what you’ve described you have a fuel pump that is causing the short intermittently. The connection to the to the fuel pump should be also replaced along with the pump itself. If you’d like assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can replace your fuel pump and connections as necessary and address any other issues that may be present.

3. Fuses keep blowing for the fuel pump