Q: my car heater works and theres no check engine or low coolant light on,but antifreeze leaking into passenger side

asked by on August 20, 2017

coolant is leaking into passenger side cabin but the low coolant and engine light never comes on and the heater still blows out hot heat and air conditioner air is cold

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kimala. If the heater is working but you have coolant leaking inside the cabin, then the heater core itself is probably good. However, there are multiple coolant lines that are hidden behind the dash that could have a small leak. It’s also possible that the heater control valve might be leaking as well. Without being there to inspect the vehicle personally, it’s hard to tell you exactly what repairs need to be completed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr