Q: Did have oil can on the car now it won't start?

I was driving an my car had a burning smell coming from it. Pulled out no oil cap went an bought oil cap an oil heard a knocking noise no it won't start. What's the problem?

The oil level may be low. Ensure there is enough oil. If the engine was run without oil, damage from that, in combination with other faults could be enough to keep it from starting. But, that remains to be seen. First, ensure there is enough oil and attempt to restart the car being sure you are using a fully charged battery. If the car won’t start at that point, request a no start diagnostic as there are innumerable causes and the mechanic would simply have to start at the top and go through all until your issue is resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.